WAR WITCH (Trailer)


WAR WITCH
Kim Nguyen's Oscar Nominated African Drama 'War Witch'

This film was nowhere near my radar, but when it got a Oscar Nomination it certainly got had my curiosity. I then went to go and checjk out the trailer and now I have to admit its, I understand why it got nominated.

Just by watching this less than 2minute trailer, you certainly get a sense of the tension, atmosphere and the just of the story from the film, which does intrigue. II will be making sure that I will see the film when it releases!

Check out the trailer :

One of the Best Foreign Film nominees in this year's Oscars is War Witch, a film about Komona (Rachel Mwanza) who is only 12 years old when she is kidnapped by rebel soldiers and enslaved to a life of guerrilla warfare in the African jungle. Forced to commit unspeakable acts of brutality, she finds hope for survival in protective, ghost-like visions (inspiring a rebel chief to anoint her "War Witch"), and in a tender relationship with a fellow soldier named Magician (Serge Kanyinda). War Witch is written and directed by filmmaker Kim Nguyen.

Comments

Popular Posts